What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wow. What a blast.

chinch

What an amazing 24 hours I have had.

Arrived into Ontario, CA at lunchtime yesterday, picked up by my good friend Barry who drove me to Chino. Lunch at Flo's, then flew a PA-18 to Flabob, where I met the most wonderful people at EAA Chapter 1, and the work they are doing with the Young Eagles and beyond. Flew back to Chino, and out for mexican dinner and margaritas, telling lies and swapping tales. This morning, breakfast at Flo's, then a 40 minute tail chase between two Harmon Rockets in the back hills at Chino with Barry's good friend Jerry. These two are the nicest guys you'll meet anywhere, and WOW. The Rocket is INCREDIBLE and an absolute delight to fly. It just went where I pointed it, and it made me feel like a halfway decent pilot. Left Chino this morning with much regret to come down to San Diego - back to work and back to earth.

But this grin isn't going to come off my face any time soon.

Chris

They ordered up some nice spring weather for you too. Both Barry and Jerry
are REALLY talented guys.

They ordered up some nice spring weather for you too. Both Barry and Jerry
are REALLY talented guys.

Yes sir, that they are. Jerry's workmanship is simply astonishing (quality stick, too) and as for Barry's experience and expertise - I can sum that up in one word: Saffire. I've fallen hard for that ship.

Back