What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oxygen installation in RV-7

Denok

Patron
My wife got me an oxygen system for my 50th birthday (Aerox 2C) and I'm having a hard time finding a good place to install it in my RV-7. Does anyone have ideas and/or pictures of their installation. Installation can be permanent but I would perfer a temporary install.

Last edited:
I was thinking exactly the same thing yesterday, as I cut off the tab from F-983A for the manual elevator trim mount. I figured if you are running electric trim, then the position on top of the center fuel tunnel would possibly be a good candidate. My only concern there is in case of instrumentation fire, your oxygen leads would be closer to the flames, and that's never a good thing if they melt through.
Alternatively, behind the sloped section of the seats mounted to the baggage area floor, and save the position between the seats for your fire extinguisher. Even better, hope that someone responds that has actually completed the install!
Cheers
Tom.
2ufasly.jpg

O2 location

Started with the tank centered in the baggage compartment; impossible to reach in flight; moved to co-pilot side, makes it easy to reach; attached a clamp to hold tank to the flap cover.

Rolf.
N9EY RV6

I just installed mine this weekend, I stood it up vertically in the baggage compartment against the right wall, and fabbed a couple brackets with 1/2" standoff from the vertical rib in the middle of the baggage compartment, and used a pair of band clamps to hold the bottle to those standoffs.

options.

My tank lays down behind my seat. Nylon straps with snap locks... fasten it to the flap drive tube actually. I wrapped the tube with some of the free neoprene luggage strap covers that AOPA gives away. The tank is secure and there is no significant drag when the tube rotates to lower the flaps. I can reach the on off valve in the space behind the passenger seat. I keep a Nonin Pulse ox meter in the glove box. With only a minimal flow at 12,500, I show 92-94 percent saturation. I use almost all the baggage space for trips, so I like it out of the way.

My tank came with a bag that mounts on the back side of the passengers seat. It is mounted vertically and is easy to turn on while in flight. Mountain High is the system I use, set it to go active at 5000 feet and fly on.

20150307_114623_zpss3x2sgof.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm putting mine under the panel. Gives me a sizable tool storage/glove box, too.

20150222_132629_zpslqyzwqto.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ed

This is where I finally decided to install my tank, behind the passenger seat. I have easy access for main valve opening and oxygen flow valve and I'm able to see the quantity gauge through the small opening between seats, Should work well!:D
redir

Last edited:
I also installed in the baggage area on the aft bulkhead using the clamps that Aerox sells. I can reach from the left seat to turn the valve on and adjust regulator pressure. It have used it a couple times now and have had no issues.

Back