What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TruTrak Gemini PFD

Brantel

Well Known Member
Anyone alpha/beta testing the new TT Gemini series PFD units? If so, please PM me.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Bump!!

What's up with the new Gemini?
I have an ADI and would like to update. The ADI was a good idea at the time, but I've had mine fixed a couple of times, and the Gemini looks like the real deal for a 3.125" cut out.

Last edited:
Last time I talked with TT, they are still working on it - won't release it until they are happy....an still don't know how they can fit it into a 2-1/4" package...:(

Still in process. The display manufacturer hasn't been able to deliver any of the displays beyond one or two development pieces until sometime this quarter. We should have the EMS version ready to go this quarter, with the ADI and PFD versions following.

Nice unit

Looks like a slick unit.
I originally had buyers remorse from purchasing my Dynon for backup duties when I saw the Gemini announced at SnF (I purchased my Dynon in Jan '10), but I'm glad I didn't wait on it. I'm sure it will be awesome once TT is done with it.

I'm completely happy with my ADI Pilot II unit, but as we all know, the "MUST HAVE" bug pops up every once in awhile.

The Gemini AP 780 looks to be a great replacement for the Pilot II, and obviously gives a whole bunch more info. I'm curious how the unit gets its info? My current TT is interfaced with my 496 and my Dynon D-100 & -120 units. Will the Gemini be a simple swap for the Pilot II in terms of wiring, or is it a completely different interface?

Obviously, I'm wondering if it will be a wiring/tubing nightmare to redo my panel if I wanted to replace my trusty Pilot II with a Gemini AP 780, or if it gets its info electronically from the Dynon and Garmin sources.

Just curious ...

Final wiring hasn't been laid out yet, but I expect it'll be pretty much a direct swap for the ADI Pilot II.

It will have the AHRS built in, just as the ADI Pilot does. It will still need a GPS connection to your 496. Thanks!

Final wiring hasn't been laid out yet, but I expect it'll be pretty much a direct swap for the ADI Pilot II.

It will have the AHRS built in, just as the ADI Pilot does. It will still need a GPS connection to your 496. Thanks!

Thanks, Lucas. That would be, as the kids say, AWESOME!

I must warn you, however, that my spousal unit will be on the warpath for your scalp if I make that swap. I'll do my level best to 'splain to her that it's all in the interest of safety ... but you might just have to sleep with one eye open till she calms down.

Just a heads-up, buddy ... heheh ... :D

Sun N Fun

Any chance TT will officially launch their Gemini series in Lakeland? This is killing me!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Lucas:

I for one am much more interested in a basic unit to replace my RC Allen artificial horizon and directional indicators. I already have the other data via other instruments and the Pilot II works just fine so why replace. Looking forward to the basic unit introduction

Chris

Back