What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Did Performance Engines go Tango Uniform?

krwalsh

Well Known Member
I had been talking to Ron at Performance Engines about getting some parts, and everything seemed to be going alright. He owed me a phone call back on final availability, cost, and shipping, and I didn't hear from him. Three weeks have gone by, with numerous messages left and emails sent, and nothing. Their "Customer Support" web page says they're so busy the can't answer the phone, so email them and they'll get back to you in 24 hours. Today when I call their main line I get "You have reached a non-working number." That doesn't sound like "busy" to me. It sounds like "closed."

Looks like it is time for me to get my parts elsewhere.

Any builders near La Verne, CA?

Maybe a quick drive by is in order?

Performance Engines Inc.
1935 McKinley Ave Ste C
La Verne, CA 91750

Two friends of mine have had trouble with them recently (long delays and poor communication). They are not sure what the problem is, but strongly suggested that I send my engine elsewhere for overhaul. Do you own research, it may be nothing, but be careful.

Phone works now...

I tried calling again today, and this time it rolled to voicemail. Seems lik the phone was out for at least a day.

In either case, three weeks of non-returned voicemails and emails is enough to encourage me to find an alternate vendor.

Back