What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trutrack II to Garmin AP bracket Question

ntspdy

Hello all. I’m planning an install of the Garmin GSA 28 servos in my -8 and have heard conflicting information regarding the interchangeability of the existing Trutrack II brackets and the Garmin servos. Will the Garmin servos fit Trutrack brackets or will they require the install kits? I plan on verifying all measurements this weekend but it would be nice to have the input of someone with first hand experience.

I made a change from the Trutrak servos to the Garmin. Some folks say that you can use the existing mounts. I would not suggest it. The servos while they have the same hole distance spacing they mount on opposite sides of the bracket. Some people have probably modified the brackets so they will work but I decided not to do that. I removed the Trutrak bracket in my aft fuselage and replaced it with the Garmin bracket. It wasn't that difficult to do and now I'm happy with the installation.

I haven't redone the one in my wing yet but I suspect the same situation to occur.

Back