What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Level Sender Wire Bends

donwmack

I had a leak in my left tank at the fuel level sender. I thought as long as I had the tank off I would replace the fuel level sender (SW F-385B). I was going to use the old sender wire bend and length as a guide for the replacement. Unfortunately, the new unit is a new design. Does anyone have a drawing of the bends in the new F-385B?

Vans had the answer

Vans had the answer. See attachment

Attachments

• DOC WING FLOAT WIRES.pdf
    56 KB · Views: 254
Question on fuel senders

I am replacing the fuel senders in an rv6a. The new senders are stewart-warner and the fuel levels showing on the Vans's fuel gauge are wildly inaccurate.

Do the new senders have to be paired with a stewart-warner fuel gauge?

jamjac

I am replacing the fuel senders in an rv6a. The new senders are stewart-warner and the fuel levels showing on the Vans's fuel gauge are wildly inaccurate.

Do the new senders have to be paired with a stewart-warner fuel gauge?

jamjac

No
The Van's brand gauges have always used the Stewart Warner float sensor which is a standard resistive fuel level sensor with a range of 30 ohms (full), to 240 ohms (empty).

F-385B grommet leak

I just discovered via leak check that one of the places that is leaking is around the grommet where the positive wire goes to on the F-385B. My aircraft was quick build serial number 82005 so it's been flying leak free for almost 16 years. Is it possible to fix the leak on the inside of the tank (or outside) without replacing the entire unit?

Back