What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aviation Book Publishing

Feetwet

I noticed that several posts mentioned writing a book about RV construction, or about pre-buy inspections, but were dismayed by the cost. During Covid house arrest I wrote a book about my flying recollections, Air Force, RAF and RV-4. I used Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) a division of Amazon to publish it as an e-book and a paperback. Basically you upload a Word document to KDP with pictures, and they handle downloading the e-book including the pictures, or printing the paperback as requested by customers and collect the money. You get a monthly check, and at present you pay nothing up front! Later my father’s friend and publisher of his book “Mustang Ace” passed away so I did the same thing with Mustang Ace. You can see the results of the process on Amazon Books at the following links:

https://www.amazon.com/Tinmans-Tale-Flying-Force-Heavy-ebook/dp/B08DHZR923/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=gary+goebel&qid=1600440224&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KQ95J82?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

The lower price for the paperback “Mustang Ace” even though it is larger is because I elected to print the manuscript itself in black and white instead of the choice of color for my book’s manuscript.
I recommend the process and will try to answer any questions.

I read the preview of Mustang Ace and was impressed by the quality of writing and how engaging it is, so I bought a copy for my Kindle.

inexpensive publishing

Thanks, appreciate it.
What I was trying to do was show folks inclined to write books on RVs about building, maintenance or pre-buy inspections a way to turn out a paperback or e-book that costs nothing but effort to the writer, is inexpensive for the reader, and a good product. If you want to write the great American Novel, it would work for that too!

My father was good at a lot of things and I didn't want his e-book or paperback to go away. The only way I know to get the original book is to get it used on Amazon or E-bay. The KDP paperback is a faithful copy, the e-book you purchased has the Glossary of Terms and Abbreviations moved to the back for ease of reading on a kindle, tablet or phone.

Back