What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lightspeed E.I. with VMS1000c engine monitor

crewdog434

NEED HELP!!! After a few phone calls to Klause (Lightspeed) and the fine folks at JPI, I realized my Dual Lightspeed II's won't work with my VisionMicro engine monitor. The E.I. output is 10 volts for the tach. The engine monitor requires 5 volts. Anyone have a fix for this problem? An alternative would be to use a tach generator off the tach drive. Thanks in advance.

It would be pretty easy to reduce that to 5v with a couple of resistors. I'd try two 4.7K resisters in series tied to ground and then tap off in the middle. Cost you about $1 :D

Resistors...that's what other are saying as well

Thanks for the reply Walt. I'll give it a shot and see if I have any luck. The folks at JPI (Vision MicroSystems) and Lightspeed Engineering don't have a clue on a simple fix.

Another option is that the earlier versions of the Lightspeed do in fact output 5v. I know Klaus will "fix" a 5v unit to a 10v unit for free; he may be willing to swap "the other way" for a small amount.

Or, you can simply add resistors until it works...

Last edited:
Back