What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

new (to me) RV-10 project

3stepdrop

Patron
Hi all,
I have just secured my first RV project. It's something that I've dreamed of and chased for about 18 months. Finally fell into a partially completed kit that I was able to purchase. It's a complete (all the different sub kits) set of quick builds. I THINK it has everything except engine, prop and avionics. Given this information, where should I start once I have the project delivered to me? I can give more detail I suppose. I put my hands on it today and the notes are incredibly meticulous. Thanks in advance. I'm sure there will be LOTS of questions going forward.

Go thru the build manual step by step to confirm everything was done per plans would be my first step. Well, once I was done drooling that is.

Start with inviting an RV-10 builder over to put eyes on the empennage and tail cone.

After that get a lot of photos of how other builders ran conduit down the sides of the fuselage, put stuff in the tunnel and such.

After that, decide on what EFIS system you want then buy the pitch & roll servo brackets and pitot to match. The rest of the avionics can wait.

Read all you can on how to do the canopy top, doors and glass.

Carl

Back