What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Spinner question for Catto prop

crewdog434

Got a dumb question for those using a Catto prop with pre-fitted spinner. When Craig pre-fits the spinner to the prop, is the shape of the cut-out just a rough cut? My spinner doesn't quite fit past the thickest parts of the blades near the hub. I'm sure the fit is rough and needs to be "dialed in" by the owner, but I wanted to get some feedback before cutting/sanding. Thanks.

Got a dumb question for those using a Catto prop with pre-fitted spinner. When Craig pre-fits the spinner to the prop, is the shape of the cut-out just a rough cut? My spinner doesn't quite fit past the thickest parts of the blades near the hub. I'm sure the fit is rough and needs to be "dialed in" by the owner, but I wanted to get some feedback before cutting/sanding. Thanks.

Other than a light sanding of the cutouts, I didn't do anything to the spinner. It fits far too tight to just pull off and on, but by putting heavy electrical tape on the prop near the cutouts, it slips off with a little coaxing. The tape prevents scratches.

Bob Kelly

Catto props come with spinner cut?

Does Craig Cattlo actually cut out the spinner for you? If so, do you have to send the spinner in to him while he's making your prop? Or does he take yours in exchange for the one he sends with the prop?

(My prop is due from him later this month and am wondering if I need to get him my spinner.)

Catto prop spinner

I just sent my deposit, Craig told me when I order the finish kit have Vans send the spinner kit to him. My invoice says " Fit customers spinner kit to {1.0} 170$ {prop. cutouts, tracking and drilling of all mounting holes. 140$

I cut mine...

I '***-umed' that you needed to make a vertical cut from his cutouts and drilled, riveted platenuts onto the little fins.

oops- fits great now :) No problem getting on or off. Took about 2 hours.

Wow, I didn't know Craig provided that service.
Wish, I would have know at the time, I definately would have him do it.

Back