What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3x touch wont display Comm or Transponder

Sportquattro

Well Known Member
In process of building RV9A and fitting G3x touch. Gtx330 transponder and GTR225a Comm. I can’t get the G3X to communicate with the comm or transponder. Can any point me in the direction of an idiots guide to connecting and setting this aspect up as I’m getting very confused at the moment. Thanks in advance guys. Nige.

G3X Touch Configuration

In process of building RV9A and fitting G3x touch. Gtx330 transponder and GTR225a Comm. I can’t get the G3X to communicate with the comm or transponder. Can any point me in the direction of an idiots guide to connecting and setting this aspect up as I’m getting very confused at the moment. Thanks in advance guys. Nige.

The connection from Serial port 3 of the GSU 25 to serial port 1 of the GTX 330 is what facilitates communication between the G3X Touch and the transponder. Have you made this connection yet? If so there, are some configuration considerations on both the G3X Touch and GTX 330 that need to be reviewed as well.

Feel free to give us a call at 1-866-854-8433, or email us at [email protected].

Thanks,

Justin

Hi Justin. It’s connected via the RS-232 as per the G3xTouch install guide. I’m hoping it’s just configuration but struggling to work out if we’ve got right settings hence hoping there was an idiots guide to settings. Input set to Remote and output to Remote+TIS.

According install guide (page 27-36) the RS-232 port should be set to "XPDR FMT 1"
I am currently in the same process.

According install guide (page 27-36) the RS-232 port should be set to "XPDR FMT 1"
I am currently in the same process.

It does indeed, I’ll try it I’ve been going by page 28-7. Would be good if someone had a simple guide to all settings. 😉

This may be an obvious one, but for the RS-232 links you need to connect the Transmit (TX) output to the Receive (RX) input.

Sorry I don't know what you know.:D

Transponder Configuration Settings

Hi Justin. It’s connected via the RS-232 as per the G3xTouch install guide. I’m hoping it’s just configuration but struggling to work out if we’ve got right settings hence hoping there was an idiots guide to settings. Input set to Remote and output to Remote+TIS.

Those settings are correct for the transponder. Do you see a red X in the bottom left corner of the transponder configuration menu on the G3X Touch?

Thanks,

Justin

Hi guys a big thankyou to all that responded, the problem is now sorted! Turned out to be two pins not seating in the plugs.

Back