What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which compression fitting for plastic brake lines?

lndwarrior

Well Known Member
Aircraft Spruce/Matco have two different 90 degree compression fittings. One has a nylon ferrule and one has a brass ferrule. Is one more suitable than the other? I have installed a couple of the nylon ones already and then I came across the brass ferrule ones, which got me wondering.

The brass ones have a larger body.

Is there a preference for those using plastic brake lines?

TIA,
Gary

If you are talking about the master to reservoir T, Vans sells the special size brass ones for this plastic line. I went with a brass T on the fire wall and had to buy two incerts for this line from the Mother ship.

Or call Tom at TSFlightLines and have some lines made of stainless/teflon that will last for decades.

Very happy with mine :)

A frend of mine didn't like the plastic line so he changed the line but not the plastic connections. when he landed and applied the brakes one of the lines popped out and the brake still working took him right off the runway into a pole took out a wing, gear, prop and engine.

Get the braided SS Brake lines!

Save for a month or what ever it takes for the braided lines as in Post #3.

They are worth every penny.

Or you can make your own with summit racing supplied aeroquip components if you do your homework. There are EAA videos on you tube. Find a builder to show you how if needed.

Back