What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need an RV ride in WI

VETE76

Well Known Member
HI I have a very good friend out in wisconsin near Lake Onalaska Wis. and I would like to get him a ride in an RV 6 or 7 or 9 tail dragger or nose, once airborn they are ALL wonderfull!! It would be a favor for me, I take people up who love to fly like i do and seeing their smile is wonderful. so if you can let me know and i will have him get in touch to set up a time.
if u have someone in syracuse ny area I would fly them no problem.
fred

what is max weight the rear seat pas can be?fred

That's a matter of a particular aircraft's actual weight and balance numbers and other loading factors combined with a particular pilot's comfort level loading towards aft CG.

In phase 1 I tested to max gross and pretty much at the aft CG location specified by Van's and found my particular plane to be extremely light in elevator feedback but not unnerving.

To date, I've flown it with a LIVE BUBBA load of 275 lbs at 6'-3" with 35lbs payload in the front baggage compartment to keep the CG a little further forward. It was tight in the back seat for him, but not uncomfortably and the airplane handled very well. Course it didn't climb nearly as good! :rolleyes:

My brother fit

I flewwith my brother from Milwaukee to LaCrosse (near Onalaska) last fall he is 260 and 6'3". I was worried that we would be squished in my 7A. It wasn't that bad. He did have a hard time climbing out of the plane.

Like Bugsy said, if he can get to the Milwaukee area, have him send me an e-mail. We'll see if we can work it out schedule wise.

jesseb at firecontrolinc dot net

Back