What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

North Denver recommendations?

Carl Froehlich

Well Known Member
Planning on flying next week for a visit. Currently looking at either Longmonth (KLMO) or Rocky Mountain Metro (KBJC).

I would appreciate recommendations between those two, or if I should consider another airport.

Thanks,
Carl

Longmont

I recommend KLMO but I am biased as I base there. Metro is towered and has lots of taxi time to get anywhere. Call if you want more info.

303-772-2202
Dave

Metro has a tower and probably better services. Longmont has no tower and a fair bit of parachuting adjacent to the runway (they announce when there are jumpers in the air).

I'm based at Longmont. Hangars are probably tough in either location.

Dave

I went to LMO last summer for a wedding and had a good experience. Gas was cheaper and fees lower than BJC. Runways are shorter, but no issue for an RV.

Larry

BJC, tie downs not used.

Carl, I have only used BJC, when visiting family there. Good services at Signature (not my usual choice, but directed there by my brother) and nice people there. They park planes without tiedowns in some areas, and promise to move/secure the planes if winds come up. Didnt like that for my 8, but there were no tiedowns available within sight. That never became and issue for the 2 nights I was there, but I would not go there again for that reason.

Thanks Mike. One of my rules for the few times I have to park on the ramp is that I taxi to the tie down. After that the plane does not get moved. RVs are not like old Cessnas that you can drop a tow bar on, and tail dragger RVs are even more of a mystery to the standard line guy.

Signature is also an issue. I have never had a good experience with Signature - anywhere.

Carl

Back