What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GTR200B help please

Gyrodoug

Well Known Member
I recently had a Garmin 200B installed in my 6A. I've noticed that anytime ANYONE keys up to talk on the active frequency, the intercom between my passenger and I goes quiet. Once the transmission is over, we're back to talking. During a longer flight I actually tune to an unused frequency just so I can talk with my passenger.

I'm thinking it's a setting somewhere but I don't know where to begin. I was at the Garmin tent in Oshkosh and spoke to 5 different employees on 3 separate visits. NO ONE could help me. One took my number and said he'd call with an answer = no call. One said he'd go find an answer and to wait for him = never returned. I'm super frustrated. Looking at the 17 years of #1 customer satisfaction sign in the tent made me wonder how they received that.

Again, I imagine it's just a setting and SURELY THIS ISN'T the way this radio was designed.

Any thoughts????

Thanks!!!

Always a good place to start, read the Pilots guide:

SETUP MENU
The SETUP menu provides configuration options for music muting (COM
MUTE ♫), ICS muting (COM ICS MUTE), 3D Audio options (COM 3D
AUDIO, and ICS 3D AUDIO), KEY BEEPS and Display CONTRAST level.
SETUP Menu
Menu
Options
Menu
Scroll
• COM MUTE ♫ (ON/OFF) - When ON, music will be muted when
Communication is received. Only available when ICS is configured.
COM ICS MUTE (ON/OFF) - When ON, ICS Communication will be
muted when Communication is received. Only available when ICS is
configured.

Last edited:
COM ICS MUTE

I recently had a Garmin 200B installed in my 6A. I've noticed that anytime ANYONE keys up to talk on the active frequency, the intercom between my passenger and I goes quiet. Once the transmission is over, we're back to talking. During a longer flight I actually tune to an unused frequency just so I can talk with my passenger.

I'm thinking it's a setting somewhere but I don't know where to begin. I was at the Garmin tent in Oshkosh and spoke to 5 different employees on 3 separate visits. NO ONE could help me. One took my number and said he'd call with an answer = no call. One said he'd go find an answer and to wait for him = never returned. I'm super frustrated. Looking at the 17 years of #1 customer satisfaction sign in the tent made me wonder how they received that.

Again, I imagine it's just a setting and SURELY THIS ISN'T the way this radio was designed.

Any thoughts????

Thanks!!!

As Matt mentioned, this is a configurable feature of the GTR 200 radio. It is one of several different options you will find in the Setup menu, as described in the GTR 200 Pilot's Guide. The setting you are looking for is COM ICS MUTE.

Accessing/Using the SETUP Menu:

1) Press the MENU key.
2) Turn the LARGE Knob to highlight SETUP and press the SMALL Knob.
3) Turn the LARGE Knob to navigate. Turn or Press the SMALL Knob to
change a selection.
4) Press the BACK Softkey to return to the Main Menu.

i-VxvJc5Q.jpg

Thanks,

Justin

Thanks for the feedback! Garmin said I needed to go back through the INSTALLATION process :(

Last edited:
Back