What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GAD 29C

The GAD29C is simply an updated version of the GAD29. There were some modifications to the internals of the unit to address production needs. Fit/Form/Function is the same as the original GAD, but it needed a new part number.

GAD29B is a unit for the certificated market needing analog outputs to drive third party legacy autopilots.

BR,

Brad

Excellent. So they are functionally and connector equivalent so no need for any harness or configuration module changes? Thanks for the quick reply. I am in the thick of an upgrade on my RV-8 G3X Touch system.

Excellent. So they are functionally and connector equivalent so no need for any harness or configuration module changes? Thanks for the quick reply. I am in the thick of an upgrade on my RV-8 G3X Touch system.

This is correct,

Hi, I want to interface my G5 with a TruTrak Vizion 385 A/P. Is any GAD29 model suitable or do I need a specific model?
Regards
Hervé

GAD 29B?

I too have a question about the GAD 29. I'm building a typical Garmin G3X system in my RV-10, and I purchased a GAD 29 unit from an individual that has part number 011-03236-01. It says 'FAA-PMA', and Googling this number seems to indicate it's a GAD 29B. This particular model supposedly has extra circuitry to support an analog autopilot. There is no result on the Garmin site when searching for this part number.
The basic question is this: Can I use this particular GAD 29 with my Experimental G3X system and a Garmin Navigator, probably a 650Xi, with a G5 and Garmin autopilot?

Back