What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AP Pitch servo installation in RV9

DennisRhodes

Well Known Member
Anyone have their RV9 in "build" or "open for inspection" that can send me a picture of a Trio "Gold Pitch servo" installed there behind the baggage bulkhead or maybe another similar style servo. I'm thinking about adding the Altitude hold feature to current Trio wing leveler. Currently have a Trio Altitude Hold EZ-3 components on the bench and testing.
I think the angle to the rear of and supports the the push pull bellcrank will be the preferred location curious about how much additional support it may need other than just attachment to the angle.

I'm not wanting to remove the baggage rear wall partition just yet but thinking about building the mounting plate or bracket for that servo.

RV9 Pitch Servo Installation - BendixKing xCruze100

Anyone have their RV9 in "build" or "open for inspection" that can send me a picture of a Trio "Gold Pitch servo" installed there behind the baggage bulkhead or maybe another similar style servo. I'm thinking about adding the Altitude hold feature to current Trio wing leveler. Currently have a Trio Altitude Hold EZ-3 components on the bench and testing.
I think the angle to the rear of and supports the the push pull bellcrank will be the preferred location curious about how much additional support it may need other than just attachment to the angle.

I'm not wanting to remove the baggage rear wall partition just yet but thinking about building the mounting plate or bracket for that servo.

Dennis,

See the pictures of installation of BendixKing xCruze100 pitch servo installation. (with autotrim module)

Hope it helps on your question.

Attachments

• IMG_1935.jpg
    IMG_1935.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1934.jpg
    IMG_1934.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1936.jpg
    IMG_1936.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 103
Another option……. This is on an RV9A. Works similar to the previous pictures, but without the bracket that holds the Servo above the bulkhead.

B185DA16-8307-43C6-B526-948021475695.jpg

C9846C7F-C278-4510-B881-A871FFFF7F5E.jpg

Note that the distance from the bellcrank pivot is less. This equates to less torque at the bellcrank, but that is compensated for by pinning the control rod to the closest point on the Servo arm - more torque there. This was done by a Vans engineer, so I’m doing this on my RV6, since the holes are already there. There is a less chance of getting an over center condition with this geometry.

Back