What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

B&C Oil Filter Adapter

77bonanza

I have an Air Wolf oil filter adapter that I was ready to install but am concerned about mounting on the firewall. It would appear I could use a B&C adapter and not mount on the firewall. Is there any problems I should be aware of on my RV14A with the Thunderbold 390 engine relating to hoses or electronics, transducers, etc? Stein has completed my all Garmin IFR panel.

I've been informed that the B&C may interfere with a transducer and that an oil line would need to be reconfigured.

Thoughts and experience are appreciated!

went well for me

I installed the B&C oil filter adapter on my IO-390 Thunderbolt and all went well - don't remember any big issues.

I installed the B&C oil filter adapter on my IO-390 Thunderbolt and all went well - don't remember any big issues.

If this is the upright B&C adapter, the only thing you will need to change/modify is the breather tube routing. I used a soft silicon (not for radiator) and route it around the filter. Pretty easy re-routing.

If this is the upright B&C adapter, the only thing you will need to change/modify is the breather tube routing. I used a soft silicon (not for radiator) and route it around the filter. Pretty easy re-routing.

Mehrdad did one of the initial beta test hose installs for us with the upright B and C adapter. One additional item...we had to shorten his VA190 hose and change the routing to prevent interference with the adapter and give a nice fit.

Mehrdad did one of the initial beta test hose installs for us with the upright B and C adapter. One additional item...we had to shorten his VA190 hose and change the routing to prevent interference with the adapter and give a nice fit.

Thank you Steve for noting that, I had forgotten about it.

Thanks for the responses. I believe I will install the B&C adapter. I will have for sale the Air Wolf unit.

Back