What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tubing stretcher or shrinker

DonFromTX

Well Known Member
Page 42D-13 has us put a piece of 1/8 tubing on a tee, then try to slide a piece of 1/4 OD tubing over that, after heating. Did anyone actually get this instruction to work? Looks like no way is that going to happen, no matter how much heat and Boelube we put on it.

Page 42D-13 has us put a piece of 1/8 tubing on a tee, then try to slide a piece of 1/4 OD tubing over that, after heating. Did anyone actually get this instruction to work? Looks like no way is that going to happen, no matter how much heat and Boelube we put on it.

this is for the static system right? I did recently following the revised instructions for chapter 10. It does work, I cut the 1/4OD piece to length as specified and saw it was a little shorter that the piece of tee. I cut another piece a little longer but that did not work, so I put the shorter piece back on and heating with my wife's hairdryer and it worked. Heat both pieces of plastic.

Peter

Back