What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

3 blade for N25DV

Dvalcik

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Starting to look more like a plane daily. Put the 3 blade Sensenich on this weekend.

prop 2.jpg

spinner 3.jpg

Hope that you will post performance results as you fly your 12. Nicely done.:cool:

331RV has the same 3 blade and seems to have near identical performance numbers to what I experienced with the 2 blade. Sensenich says there should only be ~1kt difference in climb and similar cruise, and that is consistent with what we got.

331RV has the same 3 blade and seems to have near identical performance numbers to what I experienced with the 2 blade. Sensenich says there should only be ~1kt difference in climb and similar cruise, and that is consistent with what we got.

That is what I hear from others - I will post my findings after the test flight this summer. Hope 1st flight is in late June or Early July.

Nice Alternator! How did you modify the cowling?

Dave - the cowl was cut longer and I modified the alt bracket so I didn't need to create a bump.

See my post External Alternator from a few weeks ago http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=85230

I see you are not to far from PA - 42 NM hope you can stop by to see the RV1 @ KPTW.

Our EAA chapter is hosting the event this Sunday, for more info
http://www.1250.eaachapter.org/

Most pilots are arriving 10:30 ish, I think the rv1 land sometime after 12:00

I hope you can fly in - I would take the time to pick you brain re: the 12.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am planning to fly in but not in a RV12 as I am still working on the tail kit. I will be flying a Skyarrow in from Bay Bridge airport W29. would love to see your RV12's

Peter

Hi,

I am planning to fly in but not in a RV12 as I am still working on the tail kit. I will be flying a Skyarrow in from Bay Bridge airport W29. would love to see your RV12's

Peter

Pieter

Look forward to meeting you and all of the other RV owners - I believe there will be 2 - 4 RV12's there, plus 3 -4 guys who are in various build stages. Ask anyone at the event to point me out. My hanger is 13, the newer hangers 1st row facing the the event.

See you on Sunday to welcome RV1 to Heritage Field (KPTW)

Pieter

Look forward to meeting you and all of the other RV owners - I believe there will be 2 - 4 RV12's there, plus 3 -4 guys who are in various build stages. Ask anyone at the event to point me out. My hanger is 13, the newer hangers 1st row facing the the event.

See you on Sunday to welcome RV1 to Heritage Field (KPTW)

The weather forecast is not good, very low ceiling, if it changes I will come but otherwise I will come up some other time!

For all you guys coming to KPTW tomorrow.

The plan is to fly the RV-1 from Frederick to PTW mid morning. Forecast doesn't look good for that time period right now. Going to do our best to get it there as soon as we can. I'll be in touch with Mark Santoleri to keep him posted.

Back