What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RPM Technology PolyWipes- Aviation Grade

bacstabber

Well Known Member
Friend
I'm on my second build and I'm currently building my Tanks. I bought these wipes from ACS mainly for its two main claims. One: it removes tank sealants and Two: the big one, it is non-toxic. I really want to avoid Acetone, MEK, paint thinner, etc as much as possible. The liver is too valuable to risk its health. Besides, I have much more pleasurable ways to kill my liver :)

I am in love with these wipes! I wish I had them when I built my RV-8 tanks. The solution in the wipes easily removes recently applied sealants. Anything longer then four hours, the removal is still pretty easy, just a bit more rubbing. The wipes make cleanup of equipment after a build season a breeze.

Each wipe removes a lot of sealant. The wipes are durable and are effective until the dry. The object of sealant removal it to transfer the sealant to the wipe. The solvent loosens the sealant and facilitated the transfer. Normally, rubbing a spot just smears the sealant. I've found that with these wipes, you can actually rub the sealant off the object onto the wipe without having to constantly move to a new wipe spot on the wipe. Eventually, you do have to move to a new clear spot on the wipe but it seems natural to rub and these wipes seem to allow rubbing.

If in doubt about this product, I recommend getting it. It will made a sticky, messy project more manageable.

Exactly, Erich. These wipes remove ProSeal. It also reports that it removes another adhesives and silicone.

Back