What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lycoming prices going up again?

Have not seen the "mothership" make any new announcement about Lycoming price increase. The last price increase was one year ago in March 2022 so an announcement of a Lycoming price increase could be coming. Typically in the past there has been notice up upcoming engine price increases.

Can't confirm or not but I literally just checked the price of the Vanilla O-360-A1A and it is $40,000 with two slick mags! Soooo yea, I will be going the overhauled route.

No more price increase notices?

I ordered a Thunderbolt IO-390-EXP119 with no ignition or fuel system (no other changes from default) for $54,200 in July 2022. The same configuration now goes for $57,250. Notice or not, prices have definitely gone up - at least for Thunderbolt engines :(

Have not seen the "mothership" make any new announcement about Lycoming price increase. The last price increase was one year ago in March 2022 so an announcement of a Lycoming price increase could be coming. Typically in the past there has been notice up upcoming engine price increases.

I distinctly remember Vans were not going to be able to telegraph future price increases again….

Mine was $38030 io360 M1b. That’s now $45350. So yep the prices have gone again. The 14% they rose took it to $43000 odd….from when I bought mine….and now more expensive again…and mine is still to be delivered sometime around the end of this year. Glad I pushed the button when I did

Last edited:
Holy cow. I just looked and the price of my engine has gone up 52% in the last 2 years. I wish I had bought 10 of them.

Someone posted this on Facebook yesterday.
To my eye the IO390 price has not changed in a few months (as of right now anyway) Not that it isn’t high enough already…

Wow, only the rich can afford to build a homebuilt now. Ooops, they don't build, they assign the build to someone else. This makes me love my old RV-4 even more:)

Back