What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cleaveland Wheel Material

WingsOnWheels

Well Known Member
Does anyone know for sure what the cleaveland main wheels are made from? Aluminum or magnesium? Are they cast or forged?

Thinking about making mine own tubeless wheels for a fun project. Probably start with the nose wheel. I know it is cast aluminum, I can tell from machining it. The mains I am not so sure.

The Cleveland wheels are magnesium. I don't know for certain whether they're cast or forged. If I had to guess I'd say they're cast. Can you forge magnesium? Sounds like that would be dangerous to do.

Charlie

The Cleveland wheels are magnesium. I don't know for certain whether they're cast or forged. If I had to guess I'd say they're cast. Can you forge magnesium? Sounds like that would be dangerous to do.

Charlie

Thanks, I was hoping they were aluminum. I won't be able to duplicate them without gaining weight. Back to the drawing board there.

Cleveland makes both magnesium and aluminum wheels. You have to look it up by the part number in their catalog

Back