What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Titan R360 Series Ready for ASTM Test

Relentless

Well Known Member
On top of all the other projects I have been managing I feel like I hit a huge milestone today. I put finishing touches on our R360 that will start ASTM 150 test next week. We hope if all goes well this configuration with be certified and can then go into ASTM airframes. Not a big opportunity for the Van's world but it is one huge step in our efforts to show the performance and reliability of this totally new engine technology.

Enjoy:D

Titan R360 ASTM Certified Configuration
zvzbr8.jpg

This engine all in weighs less than 250 lbs and puts out 208hp @2750.
2qu6842.jpg

Notice the Lite Weight AFP 150 servo tucked in the ACE cold air pressure recovery sump.
24m4yyu.jpg

The back is super clean with the ECi magnesium accessory case. Leaves lots of room behind the engine.. Also note the pop off valve on the bottom of sump. This can be swapped with the servo position so this engine can direct install into say an updraft configured RV....:)
x3de6r.jpg

R360 for ASTM

The ASTM configuration has the new AFP 150 lite fuel injection system and Lightspeed ignition.

The price of this engine is about 35k as you see it. One problem is I have limited production on the AX50 cylinders until next summer and have sold out through March so if your interested get a refundable deposit in to hold a position. We will use the same cylinders on R360, R409, and R540.:cool:

Here is same engine with EFii injector bosses
j64zya.jpg

As you certainly tested it already on Dyno, what is the fuel consumption of this engine compared to a io 360 from lycoming?

This engine all in weighs less than 250 lbs and puts out 208hp @2750.

Cool setup Kevin. I'm just wondering when you are going to quote $ per hp in your posts?:D

Over here all our groceries now have easy compare labels. If you are going to market so many engines you'll have to make it easier for us!

Carry on...

Fuel consumption R Series 360

As you certainly tested it already on Dyno, what is the fuel consumption of this engine compared to a io 360 from lycoming?

Our dyno results up to this point are not what I would consider worthy of public consumption (seem to good to be true). The ASTM test will reveal detailed information on this for both 100ll and mo gas so I would prefer to wait until this test is complete.

Nice

Our dyno results up to this point are not what I would consider worthy of public consumption (seem to good to be true). The ASTM test will reveal detailed information on this for both 100ll and mo gas so I would prefer to wait until this test is complete.

Kevin, I know I am not the only one who appreciates an engine manufacturer being open and honest with numbers, thanks for the integrity!

Back