What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vizion

Tbone

Well Known Member
Is the control wheel steering button normally open? Also the emergency wing level option? NO?:confused:

Did more testing yesterday with my Vizion, I don's see why you need to enter the attitude at start up? In flight without making any prior adjustment to set the altitude, It always matched the G3X. I went into the set altitude mode on the Vizion, and made a Baro adjustment on the G3X and watch the Vizion change as the G3X did.

Did more testing yesterday with my Vizion, I don's see why you need to enter the attitude at start up? In flight without making any prior adjustment to set the altitude, It always matched the G3X. I went into the set altitude mode on the Vizion, and made a Baro adjustment on the G3X and watch the Vizion change as the G3X did.

With the Vizion connected to the G3X, we will ALWAYS match the altimeter on the G3X. So as long as the ARINC feed from the G3X is there, the Vizion altimeter will match.

Does this same functionality apply to Arinc429 data coming from a GRT EFIS? I'd really like to avoid a mis-match between EFIS and A/P altimeter settings and having that synchronization happen automagically would be the desired means of accomplishing this task.

With the Vizion connected to the G3X, we will ALWAYS match the altimeter on the G3X. So as long as the ARINC feed from the G3X is there, the Vizion altimeter will match.

Well, I think that is good from that perspective, one less thing to set. That also applies when there is no altitude bug present on the G3X.
I'm still work on a procedure that feels comfortable changing altitudes through the Vizion once the G3X altitude bug is present?

Does this same functionality apply to Arinc429 data coming from a GRT EFIS? I'd really like to avoid a mis-match between EFIS and A/P altimeter settings and having that synchronization happen automagically would be the desired means of accomplishing this task.

That I can't answer. If GRT sends out the appropriate ARINC labels, then yes it will work.

Well, I think that is good from that perspective, one less thing to set. That also applies when there is no altitude bug present on the G3X.
I'm still work on a procedure that feels comfortable changing altitudes through the Vizion once the G3X altitude bug is present?

It does apply even when there's no bug. The bug setting and the current altimeter are two different labels. The altimeter label is ALWAYS sent. So as long as your G3X is connected to the Vizion, their altimeters will match. If have not yet set an altitude bug on your PFD, then your altitude select choice will have to come from the Vizion, as there is no information to read. If you set a bug on the G3X, that bug is copied to the altitude select mode of the Vizion. Don't forget that the Vizion can operate just like the GX Pilot, so you can use all the "Integrated Autopilot" functions of the G3X.

GS ARM Question

Does the Vizion need to see a one-dot-up GS indication for several seconds in order to switch to GS ARM?

To arm, it needs a valid signal from the GPS, to be under the glide slope, and in altitude hold for at least seven seconds. VDI position doesn't really mattter, as long as the other conditions are met.

I had a Beta unit and flew with it for several hours... Then I went to Springdale and flew with Andrew and Zach at TT.... They incorporated essentially all my comments, and while the Beta unit performed flawlessly, I now have the new software and the user interface is excellent as well....

This autopilot is a tremendous bang for the buck!!!!

With this AP, you can activate the Approach in your G-430, initiate a descent to the initial approach altitude, and it will descend, capture the initial altitude, fly to the FAF, switch to Approach mode, and take you to the fixed distance markers without touching ANYTHING!!! Truly an amazing upgrade to the Digiflight II series autopilots.....

Sweet

Can't wait to go fly a coupled LPV approach with mine (when my new shoulder heals). Doug, did it switch to 'Approach mode' by itself?

Best,

Can't wait to go fly a coupled LPV approach with mine (when my new shoulder heals). Doug, did it switch to 'Approach mode' by itself?

Best,

Yes! Hands off!!! (If you get down soon enough...) In the Rocket I can be going fast enough that I can beat the 7 seconds Alt hold requirement.... Gotta slow down.... I hate slowing down....

Back