What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HR2 elevator stick force

floridawing

Well Known Member
Hello, I have a HR2 and have started flying light aerobatics (loops). I have noticed that it is heavy in pitch compared to the RV4/6. Mine has the standard RV4 bell crank. On the down side of the loop it requires a pretty good pull on the stick compared to the RV4. I am only pulling around 2.5 g's during the recovery from the loop. Is this common for the HR2? Thanks a lot!

Lead Nose...

Hello, I have a HR2 and have started flying light aerobatics (loops). I have noticed that it is heavy in pitch compared to the RV4/6. Mine has the standard RV4 bell crank. On the down side of the loop it requires a pretty good pull on the stick compared to the RV4. I am only pulling around 2.5 g's during the recovery from the loop. Is this common for the HR2? Thanks a lot!

Sir,
My HR2 stick force was always like digging a ditch in hard dirt doing over the top acro compared to my RV4, Pitts and even the F16. I moved my Odyssey PC925 Battery to the aft of my baggage compartment and installed the modded bell crank per Vince's input above. Definite improvement. However comma, my current RVX is two finger control throughout all axis and burns half the fuel doing it.
FYI...

V/R
Smokey

PS: What's your pseudonym?

Last edited:
HR2 Heavy in pitch

Thanks for your information. It sounds like the bell crank mod is popular on the HR2! Is F1 Rocket also heavy in pitch or does it have a redesigned bell crank? Thanks a lot for the help!

PM sent:

The EVO has a more aft CG and while not as light as an RV-4, it has nice pitch forces on the backside.... Heavier than I would like, but certainly not objectionable.....

FWIW an airplane that has 18+ G's available at Vne, high stick forces are a pretty good thing....

After all, it is a "Wing Removal Lever" that you are pulling on in all the RV series and Rockets.....

Tailwinds,
Doug Rozendaal
F-1 EVO

Back