What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CO RV-12 Builders?

InsideOut

Well Known Member
I'm finally getting ready to place an order for a RV-12 kit. Wondering how many fellow Coloradans are building this plane?

CO Builders

I am building an RV-12 at Harriet Alexander Airport near Salida. I am about done with the fuselage, wings and tail cone done and attached, canopy 95% done, avionics all on hand, and engine firewall forward on order for some time now. Expect to fly around July 4th. Open for visitors/inspection by prospective builders anytime
[email protected]

I'm finally getting ready to place an order for a RV-12 kit. Wondering how many fellow Coloradans are building this plane?
I'm building a 12 in Centennial ( about 90% done- I hope to fly sometime in February). The airplane components are all in my basement (it's a walkout). If you'd like to come over, and take a look, give me a call ( cell 303-506-6099). Steve Wyman

Steve's RV-12

Steve was kind enough to let my wife and me visit his shop today and see his RV-12. We are very impressed with the quality of his workmanship, the plane looks great! Looks just about ready for the first flight.

He was very hospitable and patiently answered all our questions. I think the visit sealed the deal with my wife. ;)

Thank you

Steve let me take a look at his RV-12 today. I'd never seen an RV in the shop before, and the RV-12 was one that I'd particularly wanted to see.

The workmanship was very good, and he's making excellent progress. Should be flying shortly.

I haven't decided yet what my next project will be. Steve had excellent praise for Van's customer service, and although I've got the study plans for an RV-8, the plans for the RV-12 are much simpler and more clear. It was definitely impressive.

His shop was sunny. That was such a pleasant change from most homebuilt airplane shops I've seen. Lucky man!

Thanks, Steve, and best of luck with the plane.

David Paule

Back