What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RE: 90 degree oil filter adapter ????

fstringham7a

Well Known Member
RE: 90 degree oil filter adapter ????

Does anyone know the size and thread type for the 90 degree oil filter adapter for the oil temperature probe in an ECi 360 engine. I would also be interested in where you found this info. I should have called ECi today but failed myself in this self imposed assignment!,!,:eek:

According to the Dynon EMS-D10 Installation Guide Rev I, the standard Lycoming temperature probe is 5/8" - 18 UNF.

I do not know for sure, but would expect that a 90 degree adapter would use everything the same as if the adapter was not there.

I know it is the correct size to fit my engine. I will be installing the EMS-D10 in my 15-year old RV-6. I already tested the new temp sensor in my spare engine. I know my spare engine is the same as my flying engine as I have a spare probe for the flying engine in the hole of the spare engine. I am not using a 90 degree adapter.

Last edited:
I have the 90 degree adapters on two engines, and the "standard" oil temp probes fit in both of them.

Back