What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cotter pin insertion for F-00098 in 25iS/U-06

subpar_bucker

Well Known Member
Stupid question: did anyone else have issues getting their cotter pin inserted into the hole in F-00098? Googling doesn't yield anyone else struggling. I put my seats together a few years ago but left this step undone until attempting it today. Eyeballing the hole, it looks very tight. I filed a tiny bit of the short end of the cotter pin hoping that sloping it would ease insertion - but no dice yet.

Any advice appreciated.

Don’t recall this being an issue during my build, but maybe run a reamer through the hole to remove any possible burrs. Might try twisting a hole deburrer on each side of the hole first to chamfer the hole edges a bit.

I remember this being a tight squeeze. I think it was simply a little burr on the hole. You can try some sandpaper or a deburring bit.. or maybe even just an awl. Worse case is you can use a drill bit to open the hole a small amount.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to clean up the hole (must have been a burr) and insert the pins successfully afterwards.

Back