Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Efficiency

N256H often flies close to 1,000sm on standard tanks with reserves. With this plane you can go high and run LOP and really conserve. That is the way to get the best MPG, hence the best cost efficiency. Running this way, the backside and the bladder usually run out before the tanks do. The gatorade bottle does come into play also, but I don't know many ladies who want to use the lady-j adapter, especially with others beside possibly a husband in the plane. In 83+ flights, N256H has only twice not made it to destination without refueling because of 60+ mph headwinds.

If you want to fly low and fast, then tip-tanks would be my suggestion, although Van's is adamantly against them (as they are against any engine mods as well, including turbo-normalizing, which I would love to get some true performance numbers on).

Diesel may be an option in the future, but there are precious few diesels flying in GA to convince me that they are yet a viable option.

Another consideration is that with normal tanks, you can fill them, fill the seats, fill the baggage compartment and fly. There are very few planes you can say that about. Also, if the normal effect of tip tanks is true in the -10, the fuel in the tips may be considered to increase your useful load by that amount. I can't speak to the technical aspects of this, though.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:29 PM

What's up with safeair1? Went to their website and no luck. Anyone have any info?
6TN1
Old 08-18-2015, 07:53 PM

Looks like somebody forgot to pay the hosting fee!
Feeding Doug and family in 2020
Old 08-18-2015, 08:50 PM

Default aux tank

Marvin from http://www.smoke-system-helper.com/ makes aluminum tanks that fit in the baggage area, they are triangular in shape to fit under the rear seatbacks. They can hold 15+ gallons of fuel, and are about 23 inches wide.
Kind of pointless to go far without luggage though, but it all depends on your mission.

Lenny
Old 08-19-2015, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny Iszak View Post
Marvin from http://www.smoke-system-helper.com/ makes aluminum tanks that fit in the baggage area, they are triangular in shape to fit under the rear seatbacks. They can hold 15+ gallons of fuel, and are about 23 inches wide.
Kind of pointless to go far without luggage though, but it all depends on your mission.

Lenny
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these for the -6, 7, & 9, not the -10?
Build the plane you want, not the plane others want you to build!
SC86 - Easley, SC
www.repucci.com/bill/baf.html
Old 08-19-2015, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N941WR View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these for the -6, 7, & 9, not the -10?
I spoke to him a bit over a year ago and at the time he had't done any -10 yet, but he was ready to. He had all the measurements he needed. It's definitely a much simpler system. Just T it into the fuel selector and you're done. I think it was around $400 for the 15 gallon tank.
That was before I balanced my injectors. I've got plenty of fuel now flying LOP.

Lenny

Last edited by Lenny Iszak : 08-19-2015 at 06:14 AM.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:38 PM

Hosting fee must be paid...I see they're back up now...
Old 10-27-2019, 07:45 PM

Default RV-10 aux tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleffler View Post
Anyone flying with these tanks yet?

I'm curious as to if they turn the 10 into a 2 place a/c due to the addtional weight.
One solution I did is to add an ATL car race tank only in case of a very long flights , that fits in the rh passenger place.

Jorge Ezquerra
Buenos Aires
RV- 100 + hrs