What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for Pirep on Rustoleum Hammered

Dbro172

Well Known Member
I'm looking for some comments and photos from anyone who has used the rustoleum hammered finish products on their interior.

I found some threads from builders but not much follow up from those who have been flying with it.

I've done some mockup panels and I really like both the silver and dark bronze color and texture. It does seem to take an extremely long time to dry to a durable finish and even after weeks I question the hardness of the final product...

Thoughts/photos would be cool.

Thanks

Rustoleum

I used it in my interior as well. although I can't speak to its long term durability I can say that it's held up well to the wear and tear of building. I haven't protected it as I should have and it is none the worse for wear. One thing that I did notice though is that Rustoleum's colors vary greatly between batches. Buy all you will need plus some, from one supplier and at the same time.

I painted my interior with it, though not flying yet, I get in and out a lot. It is very durable. Just let it dry a long time before using it. I does dry to a hard durable finish. I used the hammered blue on mine and would use it again. It looks cool to the wife so thats a real plus:D.

bird

dark bronze

Painted my interior entirely with the dark bronze and have over 2 years of flying (250 hrs) and it has held up very well. Good luck

Back