What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any flying RV-7's for sale in Canada ?

Darren S

Well Known Member
I too am in the import from the US or not dilemna. I think I have a handle on what is required as I have spent alot of time on the phone with the MDRA.

I would love to buy one up here in Canada and skip all the hassle. There aren't alot for sale.

Other than Barnstormers, Trade-a-plane and COPA classified, where else to check ?

Anyone know of a fella at their local field selling his -7 ?

Thanks,

Darren

There is (or was?) one for sale in BC not too long ago. Cranbrook/Creston, somewhere like that? It was on Barnstormers and I think on here too. I had other RV builders in Vancouver telling me to buy it, it was apparently well built. Alas I couldn't afford it.

With the strong Canadian dollar right now, your money will go farther in the US. And you'll get a fantastic road trip when you fly it back. :)

Darren,
I imported a cherokee years ago, it was easy but added a few bucks to the cost. I am sure you will be able to find one soon enough in Canada. Mines not for sale
35luj5v.jpg
[/IMG]
uneless ya wanna pay a huge premium to get me to part with my baby:D.

Are you still building your project?

RV9A

Hi Darren,

Are you interested in a RV9A? If so drop me a PM.

Peter in Victoria BC

Hi Group,

Still looking for a -7 in Canada. I went through the Canadian Aircraft Registry and looked up all the -7 owners. I tried to track down as many owners as I could and see if they were in the market to sell, or knew of anyone who was.

A few glimmers but so far no luck. I ain't giving up yet :)

Let me know if you hear of a -7 for sale. I prefer C/S, tip up, glass panel, painted. $95,000 burning a hole in the pocket.

Thanks,

Darren

Last edited:
Thanks for the help fellas,

I would prefer a -7 over a -6. I just sold my -7 QB kit and am familiar with the construction and layout. I would just prefer the newer design and features (as few as they may be).

I know of a -6 that was in Creston that was on Barnstormers. It was for $70,000.

I haven't seen any -7's for sale in Canada with the exception of one in the COPA magazine. I would pay a bit more for the C/S prop.

Thanks for looking for me. I'll find something one day.

Darren

There is one for sale near Barrie, little airport north west. 180hp fixed pitch. dual coms/xpondr,intercom and A/P.

Still hunting

Hello Everyone,

I'm also looking for an RV-7A/9A.

In a perfect world I would like to find a low time, regularly flown aircraft. Ideally IFR with glass however the budget may not support that.

If there is anything out there please let me know.

Have a great day everyone.
Curt

Back