What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van's Forum Thursday on What's New at Van's

Brett H

I was unable to attend Oshkosh this year.

What was shared at this forum?

Thanks.

Brett
RV-12, fuselage kit
Columbus, IN

I was unable to attend Oshkosh this year.

What was shared at this forum?

Thanks.

Brett
RV-12, fuselage kit
Columbus, IN

The best news was that it's kosher now to use a split bulkhead in the baggage compartment.

Jerre

Jerre;

Thanks for the response.

Any indication as to when the split bulkhead parts will be available?

Also, any mention of adding AOA capability to the RV-12 (i.e. so AOA can be added before registration rather than after)?

Brett
RV-12, Fuselage kit
Columbus, IN

Use the 1/8 inch tubing in this thread.
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=34040
Connect it to the ADAHRs, run it to the wing root (under your headset jacks) and stop.
It has no function, or weight for that matter.

That same kind of tubing can just be laid in the lightening holes in the wing from the root to the stall switch area. (Use a stick.) Should last there a bunch of years, or you could put it through the bushings as a plastic pull string. Again, don't connect it to anything, don't drill the hole for the needle valve or rivet.

After signoff, install the needle valve or rivet, connect that "plastic pull string" to it, bring the tubing under your headset jacks through the plate containing the wing light sockets, add the plastic quick connect, and tell the Skyview it has AOA now.

The only difficult thing if you totally wait is adding the bit from the ADAHRS to the wing root, because you have to get back there. The part in the wing is no problem do do anytime.

The 1/8 tubing works just fine and it is tough. You don't need the big size tubing like on the pitot.

Back