What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VFR Transponder Certification - Kansas

andyrv

Well Known Member
Anyone have a contact for Transponder Certification test in KC area or Wichita, KS?

Thanks,
Andy

A couple years ago, the avionics guy at Wells aircraft in Hutchinson retired from Wells and opened up shop on the Augusta airport (3AU). Ron Hartwell now runs Heartland Aviation, partnered with JD Aviation Services. https://www.iflyaugusta.com/heartlandavionics

I had a transponder cert done on my 9A with Ron at Augusta late last year. Price and service were both great.

Oshkosh

Andy,
If you need a VFR check, I get it done at OSH for $75.00. There is a guy that post on the bulletin board and come to your airplane to do it. Works great and every time I talk to you, I'm right on my altitude!

OSHKOSH ?

Andy,
If you need a VFR check, I get it done at OSH for $75.00. There is a guy that post on the bulletin board and come to your airplane to do it. Works great and every time I talk to you, I'm right on my altitude!

IM interested too so you have done it there ? do you think its a sure thing ? im looking for one in the San Antonio area I see you are in frederickburg maybe there is a local one you can recommend ?

Back