What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

From North Eleuthera...

Harbor island

We'll be in north Eleuthera from Monday through Thursday and plan on island hopping.

Suggestions?

Take the water taxi over to Harbor island. It is the old capital of the Bahamas. Great place for hiking to Pink Sand Beach.

Gary Specketer

North Eluthra

Jump on down to Goveners Harbor. Great place grab a cab to a place called pascals be sure to have a swim suit on!

Great place!

We flew over in our RV4 with another couple in their RV6 in 1993 - just after the SnF show. Great fun - stayed at a rental house & traveled the island in a 60s huge Oldsmobile. Things have probably changed, but we did not find many places to buy dinner. I would go again, but I'd bring a substantial bag of 'snacks'.

My bet is you will have a great time!

Carry on!
Mark

Staniel Cay Yacht Club

Looks like only 30-40 minutes to Staniel Cay Yacht Club. Fly towards MYEN and the flight down the chain of islands to get there will be incredible. Try the BLT for lunch.

Andy

Pierre, if I can ask, what are the accommodations like on North Eleuthera? I would like to find a Bahamas destination that is family friendly....meaning affordable and rustic, with opportunities for fishing, diving etc. It has been a couple of decades since I've been down to the Bahamas, and I am in sticker shock at what some of the resorts now cost. North Eleuthera looks like it might be a good fit for us.

North Eleuthera

We're renting a three bedroom house with another couple, on the beach, with an SUV included and snorkeling equipment, for $282 per night, near the airport. I can get the link from my wife and PM you. One couple is only $232/night.

Best,

Pierre, if I can ask, what are the accommodations like on North Eleuthera? I would like to find a Bahamas destination that is family friendly....meaning affordable and rustic, with opportunities for fishing, diving etc. It has been a couple of decades since I've been down to the Bahamas, and I am in sticker shock at what some of the resorts now cost. North Eleuthera looks like it might be a good fit for us.

I would check out the fuel credits for the outer islands.
Most hotels will apply the credit. They just need your cruising pass & pilot cert.
$150 - 2 nights
$300 - 4 nights

Check AirBnB also.

Back