What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

10 w/Aerosport Products quad armrest console

mulde35d

Well Known Member
Friend
Looking for anyone near Clarksville / Nashville TN with a Aerosport Products quad armrest center console installed in their RV-10. Would like to come by and sit in the aircraft to see how the ergonomics fit for me if anyone would be so kind. Would greatly prefer if the interior were complete with seats, but a partial build could be beneficial as well. I appreciate any help you can provide and would gladly offer up some free assistance if needed.

I wish I was far enough along to help but I have already purchased all Aerosport interior minus the seats. I’m about an hour north of you in Marion, KY currently fitting the cabin top and waiting on my finish kit. I didn’t know anyone this close to me was building a 10!!! How far along are you?

Lester

There are several of us with them in central Ohio, which is about an hour an half flight north in a RV. Slightly longer in other aircraft. :D

Geoff’s business is located nearby. He’s usually pretty accommodating for giving tours of his facility. He manufactures much more than what you see for aircraft.

I like the looks of the interior and center quad throttle, but I felt for me the ergonomics were a little off. At idle cutoff my arm was really far back. I'm short at 5'9", and would be something I could probably get used to. But if the console/fuel selector could be moved a couple inches forward that would make a large difference. I decided not to make the mods and continue with the regular console and panel mounted throttle quadrant.

Brad, How do you like the regular console. I have the lower panel mounted quadrant as well and am thinking of the regular console, but have to look at one in person.

Just a subjective data point, but I wondered if I'd regret the quadrant and I don't. The transition was very easy and it feels quite ergonomical at 5'-9". I have the 3-10 carbon fiber panel as well.

The only drawback I've encountered relates to quadrant controls in general versus vernier knobs - it's really testy trying to plot leaning curves for GAMI-balancing. The fuel flow response to tiny movements of the mixture lever is, shall we say, erratic and fraught with overshoot. In practice one does not notice this trait at all, only when collecting finely granular data.

If you're ever in western VA, you're welcome to try mine on for size.

Brad, How do you like the regular console. I have the lower panel mounted quadrant as well and am thinking of the regular console, but have to look at one in person.

I don't have the standard console yet so can't comment.... Flew a -10 with the standard console awhile back and everything was fine with that one.

I'm going with a standard flat panel with quadrant so the standard console just works. If I was going with one of the Aerosport panels I'd likely push forward with the lower console throttle setup and try to modify it to slide forward a bit.

exactly

You are guys are all hitting it on the head as to why I am interested in sitting in one first. It is a fair chunk of change for the center quad console so I want to make sure my 6'3” body and long arms like the ergonomics of the setup. I have no problem reaching the dash for the normal Vernier controls, but figured it may be worth the setup if it's comfortable.

Last edited:
Proximity

I wish I was far enough along to help but I have already purchased all Aerosport interior minus the seats. I’m about an hour north of you in Marion, KY currently fitting the cabin top and waiting on my finish kit. I didn’t know anyone this close to me was building a 10!!! How far along are you?

Lester

Lester, not building yet as I sold my 14A about 18 months ago. Trying to stop moving all over the country before I start again on a 10. Had to move 2 times in the past 18 months, but thinking about just getting the wings built and hauling them with me on the next move in 2 years.

Last edited:
Back