What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The Flight of the Feral Chihuahua, Jeremiah D. Jackson's Book

Bob Axsom

Well Known Member
I was commenting on another thread about my unfortunate RV-10 incident this January, and that I was finishing a book about the crash, when I received a few inquiries about the book...

That got me thinking: "Gee, I already published a book about re-building my RV-6A for speed, range, and altitude, to eventually set the official NAA speed record for round-trip transcontinental flight. Why don't I mention that on the Van's Air Force website?"

So, here's the record-flight book's website www.jeremiahdjackson.com just in case anyone wants to know more and perhaps buy the book. It's also available on Amazon...the title is "The Flight of the Feral Chihuahua."

I wrote it for pilots and builders, so you folks might find it of interest.

As always, thanks for the previous kind words. I've learned much from this website.

Jeremiah (Jerry) Jackson

I ordered mine through Amazon and it was an enjoyable read. He used his RV-6A to set a transcontinental round trip record from San Diego, California to Jacksonville, Florida with two stops for fuel in Abilene, Texas. It was refreshing to read his account of his preparation, failure, learn from it, prepare again, and successfully completion of the record attempt. It was especially so because I fly an RV-6A, I have flown over the same county, landed at the same airports... well you know, it kind of brings out the Walter Mitty in you at a possible level of achievement.

Bob Axsom

Just ordered it, I'm always looking for good books about long distance endurance flights.

Book

I ordered the book and it was a good read for an RV pilot then I passed it on to a friend.
Bob

Back