What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need help with G3X - Vertical Power Config

rockwoodrv9

Well Known Member
Patron
I have the g3x system. It is powered by the VP Sport and I am happy with how things work. I am having a couple issues that are above my level of knowledge.
1. My pitch and roll trim work fine, but the display on my g3x does not show movement until it is almost full deployment in either direction.
2. I keep losing my fuel config on my left tank. I have done it twice - and it is a pain to do but it reads zero gallons again. I checked wires and everything looks good.

Does anyone have this same setup that is either in the mid Michigan area or could help me over email or phone? Thanks.

Let's take #2 on your list first. To be certain, the VP-X has no interaction with fuel capacity... I don't have a solution to your unit losing configuration, however, you can use an SD memory card to backup the fuel configuration and then just restore it in software without having to redo the fill-n-drain calibration. I recommend emailing [email protected] and they're the folks that can help you, and even do warranty on your unit if it's faulty.

For #1, I recommend you connect your laptop to the VP-X and do a full distance stroke of your trim from the configuration software. You will be able to adjust the endpoints and also set/verify the takeoff set points from there as well.

Last edited:
Fuel Calibration

I have the g3x system. It is powered by the VP Sport and I am happy with how things work. I am having a couple issues that are above my level of knowledge.
1. My pitch and roll trim work fine, but the display on my g3x does not show movement until it is almost full deployment in either direction.
2. I keep losing my fuel config on my left tank. I have done it twice - and it is a pain to do but it reads zero gallons again. I checked wires and everything looks good.

Does anyone have this same setup that is either in the mid Michigan area or could help me over email or phone? Thanks.

You are able to export your fuel quantity calibration to an SD card, per procedure 35.4.32.12.1 on page 35-173 of the G3X Touch Installation Manual, Rev. AP. That should at least help avoid having to calibrate your tank again. You may be failing to save the calibration however. When you exit the calibration page, you must select Save, which takes you back to the fuel quantity configuration page, where you must also select Save. Please give us a call to discuss further, this is not a fun calibration to have to repeat, and we would be happy to work through this calibration procedure with you.

Thanks,

Justin

Back