What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

H3R RT-A400 replacement

rleffler

Well Known Member
I was doing my condition inspection when I noticed one of my H3R RT-A400 extinguishers was empty. My other one appears to be full.

It appears that they had significant issues with the RT models leaking prematurely. They discontinued it in 2015. Although Spruce still has some in stock.

I guess I was fortunate because mine lasted ten years. Only two more years until mandatory replacement.

H3R’s recommended replacement is the A344, which is 13/16” taller, 5/8” wider, and 1.1 lbs heavier. It does have some advantages in that it has a guage and is refillable.

My RT-A400s were mounted vertically against the seat pan in the corner by the tunnel. This was out of the way and it didn’t hit your leg. My concern is with the taller and wider size, what that experience may be.

Has anyone gone through a similar replacement in their RV-10? Is yours mounted in the same place as mine? If not, where are your extinguishers mounted?

Thanks, Bob

Back