What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tube with 90 degree stem

Drippy

Well Known Member
I am curious if anyone has any experience with the Aero Classic tubes offered by Spruce.

I was looking for a leakproof tubes for my mains (15x600-6) but couldn’t seem to find them with a 90 degree stem. I am planning to do a wheel pant mod to give me access to check and add air so planned to transition to the 90 degree stem.

I looked on spruce and via google but no joy. Maybe an old guy internet compatibility issue but . . .

I did see the Aero Classic tubes with a 90 degree stem but the $30 price point makes me nervous. So was hoping someone had run them for a while and could provide some feedback.

Thanks up front.

I have the leakguard tubes with 90 deg stems. Bought from Desser tire. They need air about every 3 to 4 months.

I have the Michelin air-stop tubes with 90 degree stems. Pricey but they work so much better...

-Marc

I have the leakguard tubes with 90 deg stems. Bought from Desser tire. They need air about every 3 to 4 months.

I also have these on my 10 with a similar leakage rate. I have the goodyear versions on my 6 and they hold air for much longer. I am considering the Goodyears for the 10, but in the size we need, they are almost three times the price of the dressers (the straight stem versions are similar in price however).

Larry

I'm on my second set of these from Desser: 15/600-6 AERO CLASSIC TR-87-70 *BUTYL EASY VALVE (GL-1587). $61 each. I replaced the tube when I replaced my tires - tubes were still fine.

I've had good results so far. I add air at condition inspection, and one or two other times during the year.

Other threads on this topic exist. Some folks prefer the Michelin tubes.

Back