What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Titeseal

Taildrgr

Well Known Member
I see a lot of recommendations for using Titeseal. It comes in Light and Medium. Which one are most people using?

Should Titeseal be used as a direct replacement for EZTurn (Fuel Lube) or are there specific uses for each?

Thanks.

I wouldn't use it where it could get in the fuel. So I wouldn't use it on the fuel cap O rings or anything like that. I don't know if it is fuel soluable, so it might cause problems in the carburetor or fuel injection system.
It's better known for valve cover gaskets that have a history of weeping, and some have reported that it extends the life and improves the ease of replacement of intake gaskets at the head. A thin application on gaskets for oil strainer or fuel pump to the accessory case, like that.

You need both EZ turn and titesaeal. Titeseal light is one of the best sealants I've used on pipe threads. Use EZturn on fuel caps. I tried Parker O-ring lube on the fuel cap O-rings and it went away immediately.

Back