What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

was that Team AeroDynamix in TX (NASCAR Race)?

That was KC flight, Falcon flight and maybe others- Looked real good guys. The crowd cheered!! Great timing - Got the goose bumps!

NASCAR Texas Race

Boy, was I surprised! I knew the military flyovers had been cut back, so I was wondering if there would be any GA flyover. I knew immediately they were RV's but I wasn't sure which group. You could tell from the expressions on the faces of most of the drivers, some of whom are pilots themselves, that it was a good flyover.
Congratulations!

NASCAR, Texas Motor Speedway

Yup, it was Falcon Flight joining forces with KC Flight and also a few others from Cincy and Pine Bluff. Falcon Flight flew in from a performance from Burnet Airshow at 1320, KC Flight was already there having done the Nationwide Race on Friday night. Rippper was doing the great job of the logistics, and BeeGee did a great job of briefing and leading the 23-ship for an EXACT TOT with Red White and Blue smoke. Everybody brought their A Game and we felt it was a good show, verified by comments from the Speedway. After debrief, they gave us Pit Passes and we went over to watch the last 150 laps in the pits and then from the stands. Then they provided lodging at the Hilton Garden Inn.

A good time, good hosts, good flying, good leading. Good to see old friends again.

Twitter Reaction to RV Fly Over at Texas Motor Speedway

It is really nice to see the RV fly overs at such a widely attended and viewed event. And the public's reaction was great also. Here are some shots of Twitter feeds at the time of the flyover. Those tweets are from fans and from media people who cover Nascar. Great job and congratulations to all involved!

twitter-reaction-1.png

twitter-reaction-2.png

twitter-reaction-3.png

twitter-reaction-4.png

twitter-reaction-5.png

twitter-reaction-6.png

snip....Yup, it was Falcon Flight joining forces with KC Flight and also a few others from Cincy and Pine Bluff. ....snip

Really beautiful pass, fellas.

You'll be pleased to know my Mom, a NASCAR fan turned all the way to 11, thought you knocked it out of the park.

I found two videos online (until more surface):
#1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWS8__jhzxs
#2: http://youtu.be/9OCIqVvcpoM

Thanks for the good show! 92 cylinders pounding away sound pretty awesome.

Last edited:
The formation looks like a B-2

Watched the Utube version - great job. Looked like a B-2 fly over in pixels.

Bob Axsom

Fantastic Weekend!

What an honor it was for me to fly in this event!!

KC-Flight, thanks for asking me and Gerald Loyd (Bulldog) to join you!

Like Falcon said, Bill Gill (BeeGee) did a great job as lead.
We arrived over target at 00:00 !

And Phillip Lamb (Ripper) from KC-Flight was amazing with all the logistics!!

photo22.jpg

NASCAR took great care of us.

ceffae02-ef0e-4fd5-b078-d66e68cdff83.jpg

Photo of medallion given to KC-Flight by the NASCAR production group JHE for perfect timing.

b39c41c0-6929-4be8-9ccb-cedf4a2c5a44.jpg

Keep pounding those rivets and join us soon!!

Mark (Drone)

Last edited:
Bluebonnet Airshow

My Sweetie and I were at the Bluebonnet airshow. This team is amazing. The performed a half dozen passes each time changing the shape of the formation in the turn around. It gave me goose bumps knowing one was the same model I am building. Awesome work and a pleasure to see. The Sequestration took away our flybys but couldn't dampen the pilot spirit!

My Sweetie and I were at the Bluebonnet airshow. This team is amazing. The performed a half dozen passes each time changing the shape of the formation in the turn around. It gave me goose bumps knowing one was the same model I am building. Awesome work and a pleasure to see. The Sequestration took away our flybys but couldn't dampen the pilot spirit!

That team at the Bluebonnet Airshow in Burnet was Falcon Flight, this time doing our 9-ship routine. Thanks for the good words. As you saw, we went low approach on the last pass and departed for Alliance to join with KC Flight for the NASCAR flyover.

NASCAR

Thank You, Kahuna and Nasty for your comments. It means alot coming from you guys!
Ripper / KC Flight

Mark, I saw the flyover of Texas Motor Speedway. Y'all did a magnificent job!! I was truely impressed. It was awesome seeing the RV's in formation.

I'm impressed!

Congratulations to KC, Falcon, Rats and others. That formation had to have NASCAR rethinking their stubborn stance on military aviation flyovers only. You knocked it out of the park! Very well done.

(Sequestration can be a good thing! :p)

Wing tip smoke

The smoke is pyrotechnic. It is manufactured special order for us.

Richard White and several others of KC Flight designed and manufactured special steel brackets for each airplane. These mount to the wing at the wingtip connection using the the same screw holes as the wingtip.

The smoke canisters are wired into the nav light circuit and ignite from a 12V spark when the nav lights are turned on momentarily (quick on and off again). once ignited the smoke is produced until the pyro product is consumed. It cannot be turned off once started.

So far we have produced red, blue, and pink smoke for several different performances.

Back