What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Quick Drain Oil Lycoming IO-390

Frankster13

I am looking for suggestions for a good quick drain oil plug for my Lycoming IO-390 in my RV-14A. Any suggestions? Specific part number would be helpful. Aluminum VS Brass?

Fumoto?

Not sure if the drain fitting is the same on the 390 but I just bought a Fumoto Original T202N T-Series Engine Oil Drain Valve for my 0-360 to replace the spring loaded push to drain valve that I have right now. The Fumoto has a fitting to allow a hose to be connected which my spring valve does not.
Figs

Stahlbus

I use this vendor’s quick drain on everything from my motorcycle and diesel truck to airplanes. One feature I prefer is the o-ring sealed screw on cap, which is nice extra security just in case the quick-drain check were to leak by.

Stahlbus Oil Drain Valve Plug G 1/2 inch-14 = R 1/2 inch = 1/2 inch BSP Steel - CLEAN, EASY, NO TOOL Oil Change - Includes Oil Drain Plug, Washer, Cap, Connector, Silicone Hose https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AMXAZM...abc_ZP8542GBV57ZBZMRN1TY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Back