What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Touch Warning / Caution Setup

kearney

Well Known Member
Hi

I have been tweaking my G3X touch setup and realized that something is not working as expected.

I have used the GAD27 / GEA 24 discrete input to display various alerts and warnings on my RV19. What I have realized is that even though I have configured the engine sensor parameters, I am not getting CAS warning / caution messages nor is a master warning / master caution being shown when any of the engine parameters are out of range. The appropriate title on the EIS bar is changed to Yellow or Red but I am not seeing a CAS message as well.

Any insights as to why this may be?

maybe

When you configured the limits did you select just yellow or red? There is a second page that allows yellow+alert and red+alert.

Just a thought...

*** thunk *** forehead hits desk

Thanks Bob for the help. All the discrete inputs only have "RED" which also throws the alert. This conditioned my thinking I guess. Once I spotted the perilously thin scroll bar, I was able to find the hidden extra options.

Last edited:
EIS Configuration

*** thunk *** forehead hits desk

Thanks Bob for the help. All the discrete inputs only have "RED" which also throws the alert. This conditioned my thinking I guess. Once I spotted the perilously thin scroll bar, I was able to find the hidden extra options.

Just to add a bit of information here, Yellow + Alert will trigger a CAS message, and Red + Alert will trigger a CAS Message and audible alert. Page 35-159 of the G3X Touch Installation Manual
reviews all of the EIS gauge marking information for reference.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Justin

Back