What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Empennage kit ordered

rotoiti

Well Known Member
After much deliberation I have placed an order for the empennage kit today. We shall see how it goes :)

RV10

I found the RV10 empennage a lot easier to do than the RV7, mainly because the plans are a later edition and more step by step, congrats its a very satisfying build.

I'll be building at home in Mountain View (one car garage is going to be a challenge) and then moving it somewhere, not sure where yet. E16 is the closest (not counting PAO and RHV where I am told I am not able to do phase 1), LVK is an option, WVI too.

Congrats to you. This is the best adventure a person can have. Not even finished with the one I am building now and already planning another.

Congratulations and welcome to the club. I suspect you will be ok for several years in the 1 car garage. The tail kit is no problem, building the wings is no problem but once you get the fuselage kit space will be tight as things stack up, but some things moved out of the way and you'll be ok as you assemble the fuselage. Once you need to join the fuse and the tail is when you will have space issues. But you'll be ok for a while and figure it out as you go.

RV-10 Builing in Northern Ca

Well your welcome to come and pay me a visit in Dixon if you don't mind a short drive. I am based out of the Nut Tree flying wise.

Emp Kit completed and now about 75% complete of the Wings.

Look me up and we can chat.

:)

Back