What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Received different style of nut plates than specified in hardware reference 5.26

RV-Ogler

Rv-14 page 13-03 step 4 gets 48 K1100-08 nut plates riveted in place but the ones received in bag 3007 are slightly different in shape.

Anyone here know the difference? They seem to fit but…

Attachments

• 578B3C79-F32A-43B6-889C-9218150677C2.jpg
    578B3C79-F32A-43B6-889C-9218150677C2.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 85
Find a Friend

Seth,

Let me encourage you to find someone local to your area to be a mentor. I don't know where you are in California, but there is high likelihood you will find an EAA chapter nearby. There were not active builders in my area of LA (Lower Alabama) when I started 10 years ago and I struggled mightily. There are now a couple of people within 50 miles of here who are building and I've chosen to take a class from Synergy Air South (there's also one in Oregon). That class gave me and my son the push we needed.

I look forward to reading of your progress!

Best of luck!
Mike

Seth,

Let me encourage you to find someone local to your area to be a mentor. I don't know where you are in California, but there is high likelihood you will find an EAA chapter nearby. There were not active builders in my area of LA (Lower Alabama) when I started 10 years ago and I struggled mightily. There are now a couple of people within 50 miles of here who are building and I've chosen to take a class from Synergy Air South (there's also one in Oregon). That class gave me and my son the push we needed.

I look forward to reading of your progress!

Best of luck!
Mike

Yes, great advice. I’m fortunate to have an EAA chapter near me and several hangar neighbours who have completed their own RVs.

Back