What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rivet Head Door Pins Install Question

Bart

Well Known Member
Has anyone installed the rivet-head aero after market door pins? My question is how the long door-tube gets modified for the pin. I did not get instructions and it appears that you need to cut the diagonal cut on the end and tap it for the new pin. The length seems about right if I did that way but before I cut I wanted to see what other folks have done.

You'll have to get the pins short enough that when they're in the retracted position the door shuts without them hitting on the blocks. It'll probably be a little shorter than just the diagonal.

PJ Seipel
RV-10 #40032

I just did mine and you'll have to cut and try a few times to get them right. Start your first cut at the start of the angle. Be sure your linear gears are installed properly so you get full travel. Keep trimming the pushrods until they are just flush with the plastic blocks (retracted position).

I had to mill my aluminum pin blocks a bit as there was a bit of variation in recess depths fore and aft on my doors for the plastic guide blocks.

You'll have to modify the door seal setup to clear the aluminum blocks.

I feel a lot better about this setup over the Vans one but also added the safety latches to the main handles. I posted some photos last week on this easy mod.

Last edited:
Back