What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I gave another first airplane flight today

crabandy

Well Known Member
Lil' dude has been bugging me to "go fwying" for several days, no wonder as it's been (I'm almost ashamed) 3 weeks since flying the RV. My only excuse is the last flight was 6 hours, time to stir the oil and charge the battery.

Lil' dude, mom and cousins went to "build a bear" today. I was a more than a little impressed when the wife sent me some pics and Lil' dude was building a dragon with wings.

IMG_2807-L.jpg

Light winds and upper 50's cooperated with work to take "toothless" on his first airplane ride. You can just see the Captain America Star Lil' dude chose for Toothless, he equates Captain America's star with the military star on airplanes. Let's just say Toothless earned his 4 G pin and I couldn't wipe the RV grin from all 3 faces.

IMG_2803-L.jpg

As you can see Toothless did get a little bit scared on his Jeep expedition, Lil' Dude must've used momentum this time because he didn't get stuck.

IMG_2804-L.jpg

IMG_2806-L.jpg

I forgot to add........
the first landing was an overhead approach to a greaser wheelie touch and go on the ?blocks? followed by a simulated engine out at midfield downwind slipping it down to another greaser wheelie on the ?blocks? holding the tail up to the taxi turnoff. More Satisfying than I can describe!

Happy Heart

Andy, it makes Roy and I so happy to read your posts. Love this first flight... I?m a bit jealous, as I?ve been wanting a dragon, but check out the one we found day before yesterday (working on the post now.)
LOVE seeing you and lil guy flying!

Andy, it makes Roy and I so happy to read your posts. Love this first flight... I?m a bit jealous, as I?ve been wanting a dragon, but check out the one we found day before yesterday (working on the post now.)
LOVE seeing you and lil guy flying!

Thanks Sandy and Roy!
I just have to smile cuz I never know at what geographical location I?m gonna run into you 2 again and what kiddo I?m gonna have with me. We all wish you Tailwinds and clear skies above low overcast skies my friends!

Back