What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Recent turn-around time for Catto 3 blade orders.

RetiredRacer

Well Known Member
I had basically made my mind up to go with a P-tip Prince prop. But after doing some more reserch I'm now undecided between the Prince and the 3 blade Catto.

Lonnie Prince tells me there is a 12 week turn-around for his,and I'm happy with that. But if you read some of the threads on this site, in the past the Catto trurn-around is blown out the window by months. But this may not be the case today.

Can anybody give me some turn-around times on recent orders?

Thanks guys

Bob'nRob'n (Down under Aust)

0-235 RV9a
Emp 60%
(QB wings & fuse, finish & FF shipping 14th Sep)

I ordered mine in January and just received it earlier this month. I believe he has made some changes in the shop and hired some people to speed things up so that may be shorter if ordered now. When production of my prop was getting close they called and told me I could send my spinner so they could cut it to match the prop. The benefit of this is that fitting can be done prior to painting and the prop doesn't get scratched.

Catto is the only way to GO!

Call Craig. Great guy, great product, great service. Worth any wait!

Catto

I have to second that. I havent flown my catto, It did take a long time to get...but holly cow is it beautiful! My wife made me finally take it out of the middle of the rec room. Its AWESOME. I just like to look at it. Sad hey.

catto

Mine was a 2 blade but FWIW I was quoted 6 weeks. i started asking at 7 weeks and verified that I really did need it. In fairness to Catto I'm sure a lot of builders are optimistic on timing. I've had great success with 2 Prince props on previous builds (non-RV) but chose Catto based on his experience with RV props and builder comments. Haven't flown mine yet but as said previously it is a work of art and has a noticabley thinner section at the tip than other wood props (probably because its glass wrapped for strength).
Mike

Catto 3 blade

Ordered mine mid May this year and it was delivered to me in Canada on the 10th of Aug. Fedex ground was kind of slow and customs had it for several days. I was not in a hurry but was told by Craig that I should have it for Oshkosh... not quite but close.
Its a beautiful prop and I had him fit the spinner and all I had to do was install the nutplates.
There was one issue though...... I'm having trouble keeping the other guys at the club from drooling all over it! :(
Seriously, Nadine and Craig are great to deal with and do their best to keep their customers happy I think. Good luck.

BTW, my daughter is going to school in Brizzy, say hi if you see her!

Cheers

My wife works at the local TAFE college (Bundamba) and gets around the various schools through work. what school is your daughter with Dave?

Craig told me that the props now take about 3 months to build. I should have mine here in Brisbane in the next few weeks. I will post a Pic ( 3 Blade with RED tips ) for my 0-360. He also said that he has about 4 or so props on the way to Australia , and will try and get a good price for shipping them all at once. Its about $ 350 USD if you get it sent with BAX, to yourself.

Dan, thanks for that.
I want to have everything organized without any hitch's (if that is possible).
When the QB arrives I'm planning on going 4 1/2 days a week (and more if I can) full time on the build.

Jamie,
I would expect yours to have red tips, it goes with the red engine and red engine mount (that engine looks awesome by the way).

January

Ordered mine in December or January, and I'm told it should be ready in November. I'm not concerned, because I don't need it, yet. Still, it seems like an awfully long time.

Back