What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First flight today !

mvs163

Well Known Member
Hello all,
Flew it today ! No wind, blue sky and about 0 degrees celcius.
Needed some right rudder but was able to tweak the rudder trailing edge by hand enouph to make it right for the second flight. I used a small oil cooler and have it 1/2 blocked and got 175 deg. oil temp.
The aileron feel is VERY nice, elevator is heavier and rudder feels normal.
No wheel pants becuase of snow on the runway but indicating 175mph @2500rpm (Catto 76" pitch).
Have bad static/crackle in the radio with the engine running. Headset volume will raise or lower the crackle volume while the radio volume doesn't(Microair M760), boost pump, alternator(SD-8) on/off, varying rpm makes no difference. I've posted in the COMM section of the forum but if anyone has seen this before please let me know.
Really a nice handling airplane and probably one of the easiest taildraggers to land.
Thanks to Randy, Rob H, Tony and Fred for their websites.
Mike

Congratulations!

Congratulations and well done. It's a great feeling.

Jim Sharkey
RV-6 Phase 1

congrats and take care

be sure and take some time between flights to record what went right and wrong...with you and the plane,... and make sure everything is still holding together or staying apart as you left it a few days/weeks ago...

borrow a handheld radio if necessary (with a headset adapter) until you work through the radio issues and are comfortable with being able to communicate

just remember,... you have to stop smiling and replaying it long enough to get some sleep so you can do it again :D

Very cool! Congrats!! Glad to see another 3 getting some air under the wings! Hope you had someone take some pictures so everyone can see your grin!!:D

Congrats

I did my first flight a few weeks ago. It is a great feeling of accomplishment. Congrats again!

Some pics added

Thanks for the kind words everyone
I'v posted a couple of pics in the "Finished" section...pretty cool.
Mike

Back